3/5/09

South Shore Art Gallery

I love this place!

I stop by fairly often to say hi to co-owner Beth Howard and see what's new. She always has some new artist or something unique to show me. Having purchased earrings designed by a local fine artist, soy candles, herb-scented soaps and even a lunch sack made from a recycled New York Times, I've begun to do most of my gift shopping there.

The gallery offers one-of-a-kind items that are nearly impossible to find for those who live in my neck of the woods. And the prices can be surprisingly affordable!

Usually I'll tell Beth how much I want to spend, and she always seems to come up with the perfect item in my price range.

Yesterday, I stopped by on my way home and salivated over some of her latest finds for a good 20 minutes. When I'm not on a gift-giving mission, I gravitate towards the original designed serving pieces and kitchen utensils. Even if I don’t leave the gallery with anything, I always have fun browsing.


I can see this piece of functional dining pottery on my table filled with steamy hot rice. It was created by Seminole Heights artist J. Wesley Allen of From the Earth Pottery.


Of course, then I'd have to have the matching platter.



And these contemporary cups and pitcher by Goyer Bonneau would round out my ensemble nicely.

South Shore Art Gallery, 447 Apollo Beach Blvd, Apollo Beach, FL 33572 (813) 645-0483


No comments: