9/22/09

My One-Pot Wonder

Monday and Tuesdays are very busy days for me, when I travel and work out of town.

By the time I get home, it's been a very l-o-n-g 48 hours. My feet ache. I'm cranky. I don't want to worry about rustling up dinner, no matter how easy the rustling might be.

But I've found the perfect solution. I discovered a recipe that calls for only five ingredients, which then are simmered slowly on Sunday to make a flavorful, comforting dinner .

It's a one-pot wonder called Easy Company Beef. Take a look.
Easy Company Beef

3 pounds stewing beef, cubed
10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
7 ounce jar mushrooms, undrained
1/2 cup red wine
1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low for 10 hours. Serve over noodles, rice or pasta. Relax.

No comments: