7/26/09

Craving calzone!


A couple of weeks ago, I went looking for calzone. Staying close to home that evening, I didn't find anyone selling them locally, so I wound up satisfying my mozza and carb frenzy by making my own. I surprised myself; it was pretty darn good.

The calzone cravings returned last night. This time, I headed over to East Coast Pizza in Riverview.

I met owner Aaron Fredericks, who I learned is on a roll. He told me he's opening a second East Coast Pizza in mid September, and in November, he will roll out a third pizzeria in downtown Tampa. I think he's found his groove.


Every pizza is hand tossed and baked to order in East Coast's brick oven.

The big triangular puff of pizza dough was filled with cheese, sausage and mushrooms and was more than I could possibly eat in one sitting. It was delicious and every bite as appealing as leftovers the next day. I'm definitely going back for more of the East Coast menu.

East Coast Pizza
13340 Lincoln Road
Riverview, FL
(813) 234-1700


No comments: