8/17/11

My spiral slicer is here to stay

I guess it might come as a surprise, but I'm really not a kitchen gadget junkie. Somehow I've avoided the bread and espresso machines, even the escargot shell-holder craze.

But then this veggie spiral slicer came along and got my creative energy flowing. I just couldn't resist.


It arrived in the mail yesterday from amazon.com and I already used it.

If you don't already know what a spiral slicer does, it's the best tool for rapidly and consistently turning out ribbons, strings and curls of vegetables. Beets, onions, carrots, potatoes or jicama can easily be turned into salads or main dishes and sides. The interchangeable blades allow you to create different strand sizes.

I purchased this Benriner Cook Helper for making raw pasta from zucchini. You can find the Zucchini Pasta recipe in this week's Table Scraps column in the South Shore News & Tribune and on tbo.com.

On day two with my new toy, I did what any respectable girl from Minnesota would do. I made crunchy, fried sweet potato strings. I think they'll be perfect to garnish on top of tonight's pan-fried tilapia.


2 comments:

mvmaithai said...

Like you, I'm not into kitchen gadgets. The gadget I love and use the most is my garlic press. I've only started to use my slow cooker and blender (for smoothies) more regularly since last year.

Muhammad Hassan said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Best Spiral Slicers in 2018 Reviews