10/16/10

Tis' the season for mouth-watering Oktoberfest


I didn't have to cross the Atlantic for Oktoberfest. In fact, I didn't even have to leave the neighborhood.


This morning, as I was eyeballing a can of sauerkraut that's been sitting in my pantry, a strong desire for sauerkraut came over me.


Several hours later, Beanie's Family Sports Grill posted this message on Facebook: "October Fest at Beanie's! Bratwurst, red cabbage or sauerkraut and a choice of side.... Come on down!!!"


So we did!


The dinner included two grilled brats, on a bed of homemade sauerkraut, roll and a choice of one side. I chose potato salad. I can't even describe this dish without my mouth watering.


What to drink? Are you kidding? What's Oktoberfest without a beer? In fact, what's a brat without a beer?


Beanie's Family Sports Grill

2002 S U.S. 41 S.

Ruskin, FL

(813) 649-1700


No comments: