7/12/09

Mango Madness



From my upstairs office window, I can see our backyard mango tree. Using the binoculars I keep on my desk, I keep a watchful eye on the ripening fruit. This year, the tree only has a handful of mangoes, and I want to get them before the critters do.

Last years crop - all eight of the paradise fruit - were the best I'd ever tasted.

I walked out to take a closer look at the precious gems this morning. I was disappointed to find that one ripe mango had dropped to the ground, half devoured I'm sure by squirrels with exotic taste buds - hope the furry gourmands enjoyed it!

The remaining mangoes should be ready in two weeks, about the same time that Colorfield Farms in Wimauma hosts its annual Mango Festival. Scheduled for July 25-26, the event will feature mango tasting, cooking demonstrations, educational seminars and music. It should be a lot of fun. Maybe I'll see you there.




8221 S. R. 674 Wimauma, FL
Open 7 days: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
(813) 833-2545

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be there, can't wait! I will be doing a cooking demos Saturday at 11:00am and then two on Sunday, 12:00 and 3:00pm

Table Scraps said...

Oh good Shari, I'll see you there!