5/14/09

One sweet assignment

To promote National Hospital Week, employees of Palms of Pasadena Hospital in St. Pete participated in a bake-off this afternoon. I was one of the lucky judges, with personal chef Bob Parrinello and Jeff Fredrickson, director of food and beverage at the Trade Winds Island Resorts.

The three of us had the tough job of testing pies, cookies and all sorts of cakes. About half way through the tasting, I made the comment that I might need my blood sugar checked. Is there a doctor in the house?
Donna Pierce tied for first place with her Nutty Orange Coffee Cake.


Turtle Invasion was a winner with its broccoli trees and tinted coconut grass. Clever!

A light cheesecake and blueberry cheesecake were also entered in the contest.


Baklava! Need I say more? YUM!


Winner Eileen Peters made a Hershey Cake with Mocha Fudge Frosting.

Also winners were Debby Culp and Elizabeth Bostak, creators of the Turtle Invasion.

No comments: