5/31/09

Herbal oasis in Wimauma



One of the reasons I began writing this blog was to share some of the "other stuff" that never makes it into my column. Usually, it's due to space limitations.

Like all the photos I took this morning at Colorfield Farms in Wimauma.

It was my first time out there, and the second time I'd met owner Anne Pidgeon. Her plant nursery has been on my list of places to visit for some time. Since my next newspaper column is going to be about herbs, I decided to make a visit today. 


This gorgeous basil made me yearn for a tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil sandwich on a hunk of crusty ciabatta bread.

If you like mangoes, you'll be in heaven at Colorfield Farms! Anne told me she has about 40 different varieties. In fact, in July, she's going to host a mango festival.


I could't resist taking home a few pots of Florida-friendly herbs.



I was truly impressed by Anne's huge selection of ready-to-stick-in-the-ground annuals, perennials and bedding plants and some gorgeous ready-to-stick-on-my-patio, decorative arrangements.

8221 S. R. 674 Wimauma, FL
Open 7 days: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
(813) 833-2545


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Colorfield Farms!!! I happened about it a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful visit with Anne!! I am planning on going back on day this week, can't wait.